Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WASSSSUP!!!!

We've been pretty busy around here. Jo is showing signs of growing up all around. First of all. Just a few weeks ago, Jo's nap time was 12:30, she usually started getting pretty tired around 11:30 or 11:45 and was VERY ready at 12:30. But we were having major nap issues, her naps were either too long or too short... there was no winning. Then drastically things changed out of nowhere. Now... Jo takes her nap at 1:30 (and even then doesn't even seem that tired but still goes to sleep) and only takes about a 45 minute to an hour nap... and here is the kicker... she's perfectly fine! A 45 minute long nap a few weeks ago would have meant we were going to have a very miserable day. She's been doing this for about 3 weeks now. Such a short nap means I am even that more exhausted by the end of the day! haha

Secondly, Jo peed on the potty! twice! Now, in no way shape or form am I trying to potty train Jo, trust me... I'm not rushing it! But I did want to get a potty to have around a long time before we started potty training so she'd get used to it and what not. Well, she's obsessed with it! She always wants to sit on it and she insists on taking off her pants and diaper. She has spent A LOT of time sitting on the potty so she was bound to pee in it eventually. She likes to sit there and go through my jewelry box haha.




We have gotten a TON of snow lately.



These pictures were taken before we got another 12 inches!!!

So I took Jo outside yesterday to play in the snow. She is very timid when it comes in the snow. She literally just sat on the front steps and watched me play in the snow and attempt to build a snowman (I failed at that). I asked her if she wanted to go back inside and she said "no." I asked her if she wanted to just sit there and she said "okay." She eventually got up and walked around. She touched the snow very lightly and then started getting freaked out by the snow on her mitten and started trying to wipe it on me haha. Then her binky fell and I tried to give it back to her but she refused it because there was snow on it so I had to take my snow covered gloves off and get all the snow off her binky, when I gave it back to her she seriously inspected every inch of it before putting it back in her mouth. She did like when I threw snow up in the air. She showed no reaction other than saying "again..." over and over until the snow got in my hair and she pointed at me horrified while saying "MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY!" haha she's nuts. We spent about 20 minutes total outside!




Here is a great video. Jo loves when I have gum in my mouth, she'll sit on my lap and just watch me blow bubbles. So here she is going "bubble... again... again" haha but I absolutely love toward the end when I ask her if she wants me to do it again and she says "okay!" I LOVE the way she says "okay" it is just too cute. That is here way of saying "yes" so she says it all the time.

3 comments:

MommyKW said...

I love that video. she has such an adorable voice! None of my kids liked snow when their first "real" snow. It took until they were about 4 for them to really LOVE it. I wonder who had such an influence on them...

k's mama said...

SHe sounds just like Keira when she says again and bubble! Cute! Too bad she doesn't like the snow. Poor toddlers I bet they miss running around in the grass and playing on the swings and in the sandbox and pool! I can't wait till spring. Keira is still taking 2 naps... usually around an hour in the am and 45 min the afternoon!

Sara said...

I'm glad she isn't cranky anymore without the longer nap! I don't have sound at work to hear the video but I will watch it at home - Jo is soooooo cute!