Monday, June 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

Alright! Here is what we decided on. Here is what I decided to get Jo. I wasn't crazy about the white bedroom set... since it wasn't as white as I thought it was and I REALLY like these beds with storage underneath. I also decided that whatever I got her I'd want to get the bed too because I know I'd regret it if I didn't! I decided we didn't need the dresser, she doesn't need THAT much space for clothes. Plus there is a closet in her room and we already have those closet organizers we're using right now.

For us I decided to get this WHOLE bedroom set. I figure if we're gonna do it then just get everything, get it over with.

And for the living room we decided on this. The pillows are ugly but can be replaced, the color is neutral and I think out of the 3 options it's the roomiest.

You should see me trying to decide on a fridge and washer etc. etc. etc. oh my haha I have to read like a million reviews first!

P.s. here is ANOTHER decision I am left to with my choice for Jo's room... should I just get this new bed and not bother moving the crib to the new house? Should I take this as a sign to try and get her in a big girl bed? I just don't know if at this point it's worth taking apart the crib, moving it upstairs to her bedroom, putting it back together while this bed is in the playroom waiting for her.

5 comments:

k's mama said...

I like the set you picked for Jo alot better than the sort of white one you had. Personally I don't think I would do the crib/bed switch while moving. I'd let her get settled into the new room, house first and then in a few months do the switch. You can probably have the bed set up but make sure she has crib too. Doesn't your house come with appliances?

Caroline said...

It's only coming with a stove and dishwasher. I remember them being really nice too, which is good. We've looked at a lot of houses and most of them come with NOTHING. At least this one we can save money on not having to buy a stove or dishwasher.

Caroline said...

I actually think it's because A LOT of the houses we've looked at are short sales and bank owned which means these houses are being taken away from these people... so if they are in the situation where their house is being taken away they are probably in the situation where they can't afford to leave major appliances behind and buy all new ones wherever they go.

Sara said...

I think I'm voting for moving her into a big girl bed while you have the chance. She's gonna have to get used to a whole new environment anyway..plus I know what a pain it is to assemble the crib..You can just keep constantly talking about it until it happens..when are you moving anyway?

MommyKW said...

I love the set you got for everything! I'm not sure what would be better for the crib situation. Have you asked her if she wants a big girl bed yet? If she does, you could use that as the positive thing about moving. You could play it up A LOT and see how it goes. Picking out major appliances used to be such a bore to me, but now that it has become my life, I love it!