Wednesday, July 8, 2009

House Update and Pictures...

I've mentioned our house is a short sale, and short sales take a loooong time. Thank god we entered the process at the end of the game because I do NOT have the patience for a short sale! The people before us who had an accepted offer on the house waited 9 months with NO answer from the bank and then they found something else so they retracted their offer. That's when we swooped in and just as we did, the property was FINALLY assigned to someone at the bank to start processing. Our original closing date was July 22nd and it's now apparent that will not be happening. Everything is all set but of course this woman had to have 2 mortgages with 2 different banks. The banks are having a disagreement over the disbursement of $1,500. I talked to our attorney today and he said he is very confident that this will be settled very soon so it looks like August 22nd it will be for closing. I am PRAYING it does not go longer than that as we want to make absolutely SURE we have a closing before the deadline for the tax credit for first time home buyers. I don't want to keep waiting on this house because the longer we do that the more paranoid I will be that SOMETHING comes up and we don't get the house and we're close to the deadline yet have to start at square 1. AHHH! It drives me nuts. But the attorney definitely restored my hope today!

Here are some random pictures, some are from when my parents came over. My Grandma got Jo this piggie bank for her birthday. She loooves it (as you can tell from the picture of her kissing it) she is obsessed with putting the coins in and then emptying it just to put them all back in.









Here are some pictures from our 4th of July which was spent very low-key. Just the way I wanted it to be!




















These are from last Sunday when we went to church, Jo picked out which dress she wanted to wear.











I seriously have NO idea where Jo got this from but she just started randomly making this face while we were out for breakfast after church and has been doing it ever since!





1 comment:

k's mama said...

That girl makes the best faces!!! Keira picks out her dress for church EVERY single Sunday! She won't let us pick it out!