Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pictures Of Our House!

Today was our house inspection. It went REALLY well. Closing is sorta up in the air, we're going to figure it out on Monday. It could be the end of this month or sometime in August but whenever it is it has to be within 30 days from yesterday. It was nice to get to go through the house again seeing as though the first time and only time we've ever been there we weren't really taking it seriously because the house already had an accepted offer at the time and we didn't think we had a chance so we looked at it but we weren't like.... looking at it as though it was going to be OUR house haha. I was VERY happy to find out a few things. First of all, it DOES have an attic which I wasn't sure about. ALL 3 bedrooms have closets. The kitchen has a closet/pantry type thing that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Did I mention I love that? It is EXACTLY what we need. I love that the cabinets are not to the ceiling... I can easily just open and reach the tallest of the cabinets and I also like that you can put things on top of the cabinets since they don't touch the ceiling. Ya know... little decorative things would be cute up there. We got to really take a good look at the backyard, it has a huge brand new deck and it has a nice yard that I really can't wait to get my hands on and make it even nicer. I also love the little hall area that takes you to the deck. That's where the stackable washer and dryer will be and there is room for some shelving units and what not, just another nice place for storing things like the vacuum etc. etc. I didn't take pictures of the inside... the seller still lives there and was there during the inspection soooo yeah, a little weird haha.


Here is the front of the house... obviously hahaha. There is virtually NO land on the left side of the house. This area of Massachusetts is sooo tightly packed, it isn't uncommon at all for the area. Everyone is so close together and most people don't have a lot of land AT ALL. We actually have the biggest backyard on the street.

Here are some pictures of the deck, it was kinda hard to get it all into a picture. It is REALLY big and brand new. I can't wait to put Jo's little picnic table (that's in the box in our garage) out there! Only thing about the deck is that I definitely want to put some lattice around the bottom of the deck to block it off. Because as you can see there is A LOT of room under there and I don't want Jo running under there!





Here's the backyard. It's a little weird... there's yard then there's a hill leading down to more yard so it's kinda hard to tell from the pictures what's going on but I took them from multiple angles to give you all a better look at it! I also definitely want to get the backyard completely fenced in, especially since we're getting our dog tomorrow! =)





4 comments:

k's mama said...

I can't wait to see the inside!!! Huge backyard!!! Deck looks amazing!!!! I hope the street is quiet since you are so close to it but I totally know what you mean about massachuetts being densly packed!!! :o) And big yes on fencing it in! Much safer for toddlers and easier for mama! With that little hill you can have a sweet rock wall and some stone steps put in!!! That backyard is a clean slate... so many good ideas are popping into my head!

Caroline said...

Yeah mine too! I can't wait to get my hands on it. The street is pretty quiet, it's not even off a main street or anything. This particular area is REEEEALLY densly packed, like if you drive around NO ONE has any land. A backyard like ours is very rare in that area. I don't mind not having too much in the front, the back makes up for it. Plus there isn't a walk way I have to shovel haha.

Sara said...

OMG!! What a cute house..this is soooo exciting!! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I am so happy for you and your family :)

MommyKW said...

Wow! I love it! That is a big deck and a great yard. You are ALL going to have so much fun! Can't wait to see how you fix it all up your way!