Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow & More Snow!!!

It's 9pm and it's been snowing non-stop since 1pm yesterday! AND... it's not supposed to stop until early MONDAY morning! That's a lot of snow! So I brought Jo out to play in it for the first time... she wasn't in the greatest mood before going out so she wasn't very playful. She just walked around and kicked it around. She thought it was funny when I threw some snow balls at her. While we were outside, Lori & Ayden came over to exchange gifts with us. It looks like it was soooo dark when we were outside but it really wasn't!











Today was a rare occurrence, I took a nap with Jo! Rob likes to take pictures of us sleeping because we always manage to get into such weird positions haha...

We're not even on the pillow! I don't know how I didn't fall off the bed, I'm literally on the VERY edge haha we're so weird!

My brother's girlfriend text messages me the other day and told me to open her gift early because we'd be able to use all the stuff now. It was a ton of Christmas stuff! Lots of kitchen stuff and lots of decorative things. I decided to make a mix I got as another gift. It was for peppermint chocolate chip scones. Problem is, NO ONE in this house likes peppermint haha. But I thought I'd make it anyway and see how they turned out, they LOOKED really good but yeah.. they were too minty.
But here I am, with my snow man apron, holding my uncooked batch of scones... taken by my lovely husband who takes such great pictures! (SARCASM!!! haha)


And here are some random pictures from the last few days...





3 comments:

k's mama said...

Scones sound great. Send them here... yup still snowing here too.
okay.. I have to ask.. what in the world is all that stuff ont he counter and shelves behind you? Where do you cook and store your dishes with all that stuff in your kitchen?

Caroline said...

haha I know, I know. Well we have a lot of kitchen space, on the other side of the kitchen near the kitchen sink there is more than enough cabinets, and the cabinets are also really spacious. That's where all the dishes and Tupperware are. Then there is a big double wide cabinet under the kitche sink which is where all my cookie sheet type stuff is and mixing bowls, cutting board, some more dishes, that type of stuff. Then I have cabinets all along the bottom of the kitchen which are really roomy too. One is a junk cabinet where we just stuff stuff in, one is my baking cabinet which has allll my baking stuff in, mixing, frostings, stuff like that. One is the Jo cabinet with all her food and dishes and stuff like that. We also have one cabinet of just sippy cups! And another cabinet which has all pantry type food in it. We have another cabinet over the stove that's double wide for storage like Jo's old bottles and stuff like that and another cabinet the same size over the fridge that's also for just random storage, like my hand mixer and cook books. It may not look it but out kitchen is actually a pretty good size and has plenty of cabinets. Oh and the counter where the kitchen sink is has plenty of room to prepare food and what not, there are also some pots and pans in the storage thing under the stove and also a few things IN the stove. That counter over there is my husband's geek counter, where he displays his love for action figures haha he took the cabinet doors off, before he even knew me and had a bunch of things on display. It used to be A LOT worst and I have changed so much in this apartment since I moved in but I had to let him keep something so that's his little geek counter I call it. I put our microwave and the Hello Kitty toaster on top of the microwave on the geek counter. Oh not to mention there are drawers over every cabinet so that's where silver wear and random stuff like that is.

The Real EMO said...

ohhh I see!! Geek counter! haha. I love it!