Wednesday, July 30, 2008

VACA!

4 days till we leave for vacation! Back at Jo's 1 year appointment with the pediatrician he said it's not recommended that you use Dramamine for babies all the time but there is a special dose for them that you can use once and awhile. He told me to call him before we left to talk about it and even though lately I've been thinking about doing the 2 hour long drive without it I called him anyway to talk. Turns out, the American Academy of Pediatrics has changed their tune about the special dose of Dramamine for babies and doesn't recommend it at all now, which is fine because I was almost certain we weren't going to use it anyway. It's definitely going to take us awhile to get there planning around Jo's car sickness and what not. I'm planning on giving her breakfast at 8 and finishing no later than 8:30 so we can leave promptly at 10 am. Just to be safe we wait an hour and a half after she eats anything or drinks milk. So we're going to leave at 10 and Jo will probably fall asleep between 10:30-11 and that's when we're just going to try to get as far as we can while she's asleep. I'm hoping the nap sort of breaks up her ride so when she wakes up she'll be okay and not feel like she's been in the car forever, because she does get very impatient in the car after awhile. So I'm hoping she'll be okay when she wakes up and we can just keep going as far as we can before she needs to have her milk. Usually she has her sippy cup with milk at 11 and takes a nap at 11:30 but if we're in the car she'll definitely fall asleep earlier and I'm hoping to hold off on her sippy cup for as long as possibly because once she has that we have to hang out wherever we are for an hour and a half! I know we're not going to get all the way there before she has her sippy so we will have to stop but hey! I know we'll get there eventually haha check in is at 3 and I estimate we'll probably get there a little earlier than that. I don't know what we're going to do on the way home but I'm thinking maybe leave around bedtime so she sleeps the whole way home and we can do it in just one straight shot.

Speaking of sleeping... here is my little angel last night...



Then showing off her new Mickey Mouse Club House pajamas that I got at the Disney Store for $3.99! I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting a bunch more!

2 comments:

MommyKW said...

I LOVE Disney Store pajamas. Taylor has had soooo many pairs. You can usually get them at such great prices, so I did stock up! haha! Have fun and make sure you take plenty of towels and plastic bags just in case! She looks like she's zonked! Is that drool on her pillow!?

k's mama said...

Cute pj's... I never check the dismey store.. but I think I will now. Good luck with the trip. Everythingi s so complicated planning it around the toddler!! Trust me I know!!!