Friday, June 13, 2008

FIRST STEPS!!!!

This morning was one of the mornings where Rob had to be at for 6 so on those days Jo gets to sleep with me after her morning sippy cup. She usually doesn't get up until 8:30... a little after 8 being the earliest she'd get up. Well this morning she woke up at 7:30 and I was like noooooo, go back to sleep. I need that extra hour! 7:30 is too early for me AND her because she would not be a happy camper if she woke up that early. So she sat up in the bed next to me, and grabbed on the to the rail of the crib (I push the crib all the way up against the bed when she sleeps with me) and started jumping on the bed. I was like noooo, please! haha Well then she got into the crawling position, but then let her torso just collapse on a pillow (so basically she's laying on her stomach but with her butt up in the air) and she just closed her eyes and went to sleep. I was like um... okay. I didn't want to touch her out of fear of waking her, I really wanted to get a little bit more sleep haha so she slept like that for an hour and a half! In the same position! It was so cute, I wanted to take a picture buuuut... I didn't want to get out of bed haha.

Then this morning I had the brilliant idea of using finger paint to get a bunch of Jo's hand prints and foot prints because I wanted to cut them out and paste them in Rob's father's day card that is from her. I was smart enough to get her naked first and lay down some newspaper!
Here she is playing with the newspaper and then she stood up and REFUSED to sit down. Jo has mastered standing up from a sitting position without holding on to ANYTHING. She's pretty skilled. The 2nd picture is really dark because the flash didn't go off and it was the time of day where the sun doesn't face these windows but I still love it.




Then as we made our masterpieces Jo got pretttty messy. In the first picture here she's mad at me because I'm not letting her play with the sponge I used to put the paint on her little hands and feet.




Jo likes to give herself kisses in the stove. I swear she's probably thinking "Why do mommy and daddy keep a baby in the stove? Why are they cooking it? I want to play!"





Then I had to give this dirty baby a bath! This is the earliest bath Jo has ever taken haha I think it was only like 10 am. Don't mind me here, I'm still in my PJs! I love the look on Jo's face in the first picture, it's like she's wearing her paint proud, she's workin' it!




Then we were both all cleaned and dressed! Jo played with her favorite cabinet and shelves while I brushed my teeth and what not. I love Jo all clean in her cute little outfit with her sneakers on. She's my little cutie!




Then me and Jo went outside! Which is where she took her first official step! That's right! We did a lot of walking today. Her just walking aside me holding my hand or her walking around with her walker. Well I kept moving the walker a little out of her way to see if she'd walk to it and I'd do the same outside, I'd hold a dandelion and see if she'd step towards me, well she did! While she was standing on her own she placed one foot forward, which she has never done before! Usually she just stands there and dances until she gets down and crawls haha. Then she proceeded to take one step forward 3 other times throughout the day!!! I'm going to keep walking with her a lot tomorrow and see if she can take 2 steps!

While we were outside, a package came. It's Jo's personalized blanket and pillow from One Step Ahead. I love the blanket because it's huge (it's folded in the picture) and very lightweight so it's perfect for summer. The pillow is a liiiitle smaller than I thought it'd be. I knew it was smaller than an average pillow because it said "kid sized" but I still like it even though it's smaller than I thought! What do you think?


Jo's too busy pretending she's in a Mylicon commercial! haha

Alrighty! Hope you enjoyed today's entry, I am off to cook some dinner! =)

2 comments:

MommyKW said...

YEAH! I wonder if it's the shoes?! This is almost exactly the age Taylor started walking. Let us know how she does tomorrow!

The Real EMO said...

Thats great about the steps!! Keira did the one step for a few days and now she is at 3-4 steps. Keira kisses herself in the stove too!!!!!!