Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 and Black Friday Shopping...

We had a great Thanksgiving! Jo was a little cranky here and there because of her gums hurting her so bad but for the most part was pretty good. Jo LOVED the turkey, she ate A LOT!

When Jo woke up from her nap that day she was still pretty tired so when she came upstairs she cuddled on the couch and watched the Imagination Movers, her new favorite show.


Here are 2 attempts of getting a good picture of Jo and I, it's just not possible haha. As you will see, Jo was not cooperating with pictures at all yesterday!



And here are 2 attempts to take a good picture of Jo and Pepe



Then it was time to play with Auntie Rachel's kitties...










Then it was time to play!









Jo and Nana reading a story...



A rare picture of Rob... notice I had to take it without him knowing haha


Jo and Auntie Rachel... the typical toddler trying to get away from you while someone tries to take a picture scenario.


Then it was time for turkey! Here is Uncle Rich expertly carving it and apparently having an absolute BLAST doing so hahahaha


Today I went Black Friday shopping with my friend Lori. She doesn't have a car either so we went half and half with renting a car. We left the babies at home (supervised, of course!) and headed up to the Toys R' Us where Rob works. The diapers that I use were on sale for $10 a box! 116 count! It was limited 3 per customer and you can bet I bought 3 boxes! I also bought Jo a V-Tech Learning Laptop that has 40 different activities and games on it on sale for $19.99 and it was originally $39.99! I also bought Barbie Princesses, they came in a box of 2 and was on sale for $9.99 instead of $19.99, these will be Jo's first Barbie's! I was sooo into Barbie when I was a kid so this is very special for me haha. So then we headed out and went to the mall. I bought Jo a Minney Mouse stuffed animal from the Disney Store for $7.99 (originally $14.99!) since she already has a Mickey I had to complete the collection.

I also bought Jo this cute bat and ball set that comes with a stand, she loves it. She can hardly lift the bat, it's a little heavy, but she can manage to tap the ball off the stand.



We have so much for her for Christmas I decided to give this to her today.


We were also waiting for today to buy Josephine this fold out Backyardigans sofa. It was half off at Toys R' Us today and with Rob's discount and a coupon he had it only cost $13.




Yes, in that 3rd picture Jo is taking her trash bin from her room (that we don't use for trash for obvious reasons) off her head. She'll walk around completely blinded with that thing on her head haha.

4 comments:

The Real EMO said...

Tappy Thanksgiving to you guys. Looks like Jo is getting lots of good stuff for Christmas!!!

Sara said...

You got some GREAT deals - jealous!!!!! I know exactly what you mean about trying to take pictures - too funny!

Tracy said...

Wow... $10 per box.. great deals! I got some great deals also... gotta love black friday!

MommyKW said...

Sounds like a fun couple of days! Love that tee ball set! So girly!