Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Birthday Cake!

Jo and I had a busy day! First, we went to Ihop for breakfast with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and neice. Jo was soooo good, as she usually is when we go out but I was particularly surprised today because we left the house to go to Ihop at the same time she usually goes down for her 1st nap! So she didn't end up going down for her nap until 12 and slept for an hour and 15 minutes. She wasn't tired enough for a 2nd nap and eventually it got to late so she only had one nap today! I was shocked, but she was actually really great today despite that.

Then this afternoon we took a walk to a little market that is about a 10 minute walk if that from our house. I am SO glad I found this place! It has such great prices and I finally have a place that I can walk to and get some groceries so I don't have to always wait for Rob to go with us.

So I think I've narrowed down my search for Josephine's 1st Birthday cake. As you guys probably remember, there is a really great place around here that make AMAZING cakes. So I'm pretty sure we are going to get this one for Jo's party:

But I am also contemplating these:


You can change the colors and little details all you want but I really like these 3 cakes. I'm pretty sure I've decided on the cupcake cake. I bought Backyardigans cake toppers and I'd like to put them on the green bottom layer all around the cupcake. I think that'd be cute!

I have no pictures from today but here are some from yesterday. Here is Jo wearing her Red Sox hat. I took her outside and put it on her and to my surprise, she kept it on the WHOLE time we were outside! As you can see, she wasn't happy when we had to come inside... as usual.




Me and Jo watching Sesame Street. She is OBSESSED with this one episode of Sesame Street, it's about to end on On Demand so I need to remember to Tivo it so we can keep it after it's gone.






We've been having really cold weather here lately! For about the past week it has been quite chilly and windy. While Jo had dinner I was just fooling around and took some pictures of my Mother's Day flowers to get me in the mood for Spring. Because flowers mean Spring, right!? haha



4 comments:

MommyKW said...

I am so happy Jo was a good girl at the restaurant! Haha! My vote is for the cupcake cake, but Taylor votes for the princess one, OF COURSE! Which Sesame Street episode does she love? I can't believe she will sit and watch it. 2 out of 4 of my kids will watch a whole program (the two little ones will only watch minutes then move on!). Very pretty flowers! I am so glad that we have springish weather here. Funny, we're not that far apart, but the weather is so different!

k's mama said...

I vote for the cupcake cake too!! Poor keira.. she gets a plain old cake!!! :o)Weird about the weather! I am only 1 hour north of Boston and it has been beautful here but the next week or so is supposed to be cold and cloudy :o(

Caroline said...

It's called "Singing Day" it's from like 2001 I think. She won't sit and watch the whole thing straight through, she'll play with toys and crawl around but she'll stop and watch parts of it. But she just gets REALLY excited when it comes on, JUST this episode. And will dance to the songs and stuff, she just loves it!

Sara said...

I LOVE the cupcake cake - what a cute idea!!! And I am going to look into that singing day episode for sure :)