Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fake Memorial Day and Real Memorial Day

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law had invited their friends over for Monday so they had all of us over for Fake Memorial Day on Sunday to have a nice big cookout. Then on Monday we had another big cookout over here sans Rich, Marcy, and Abby.

I got Jo dressed up so cute for Sunday.





Then when we got to Rich and Marcy's, Jo got to ride Abby's new Diego Rocking Horse and also try on Abby's new sunglasses haha I said she looked like a baby Elton John.





Then we went outside for the cookout and Jo and Abby got to play with all her outdoor toys.





Then Monday AKA Real Memorial Day came along. Here is Jo Monday morning patiently waiting for her breakfast and then riding around in her car after she got dressed. I love the first picture of her in the car, I think she looks like such a little girl, not a little baby! AHH!




Lately Jo had been acting so tired. She won't even be cranky or anything, just really cuddley and always yawning. She loves to cuddle up with blankets and stuffed animals, it's so cute. So I put her in her crib yesterday while I went to the bathroom and when I came back this is what I found. She looks like she's asleep but she wasn't, she was just resting I guess haha




When Daddy got home early Monday afternoon he had these new wooden blocks for Jo (as well as a kiddie pool! yay!). So we took pictures of Jo infront of some messages for people!





After Jo took a nap with Daddy, we went outside to help clean up the backyard. We got so much work done in the backyard, I couldn't believe it!






Then me and Jo made cupcakes for dessert. I made 16 cupcakes and you see... I am a HUGE frosting and sprinkles person. It is allllllllllllll about the frosting and sprinkles with me! And so it is no surprise I have so many different kinds of sprinkles, I decided to use a different kind of sprinkles on every cupcake haha so we really celebrated a lot of different holidays yesterday! I had to repeat a few times but that's okay, they ended up looking VERY festive! Then we had a nice dinner outside and Jo got to play on the swing.





Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend!!! =) Jo turned 11 months old yesterday! Can you believe it!?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like your family had a nice Memorial Day weekend! What, no I Love Auntie Ally messages! :-(
It's ok I know she loves me!
~Ally

Jennifer said...

I finally found that show the Backyardigans..it comes on at 7pm here, which is when we are getting our bath...she loved it though.

Caroline said...

Oh here they play repeats all the time and my husband got all the DVDs so we just pop them in whenever. It's her absolute favorite! During the theme song she like freaks out she gets so excited haha

The Real EMO said...

Wow. Jo just turned 11 months. I forgot she was almost a july baby! She does look alot older with her hair pulled back. Cute!!! Looks like Jo has lots of cool toys. I bet Keira would have alot of fun with them.
Your cupcakes look yummy. Mike loves sprinkles too.- tanya

MommyKW said...

Wow! 11 months - pretty soon she'll be joining the one year old club! haha! She looks like such a BIG girl in the car picture! Did Jo get to dig into one of those cupcakes?

Sara said...

I love the picture of her riding the car too! Her hair is getting so long. And how cute that she got all excited for daddy to come home!!