Friday, May 23, 2008

Josephine And Ayden Go On A Wagon Ride!

Me and Josephine had a really busy day today! First we went off on a walk, it ended up being unintentionally REALLY long. We started off going down the street... and then we ran into this crazy lady who lives like 5 houses down. She stops us and starts talking to me... and talking to me... and talking to me... and she talked to me for about 15-20 minutes and the whole time I was trying to come up with an escape plan in my head. I was hoping Jo would start fussing so I could be like "ooooh... gotta start walking..." but she just sat there and smiled. Damn it! So finally, I actually forget what happened... but we escaped. So we went to the market. We bought a cantelope, 12 ears of corn, and 2 bags of grapes. So add that in my stroller with my diaper bag and a very heavy baby and you have one hefty stroller. Then I walked to a nearby store to get a drink and then started going home. From the store where I got my drink, I could have just walked straight down 2 steets and gotten to my house but instead, in order to avoid the crazy lady, we went alllllllllllllll around this loooong street to approach my house from the other side and most of this long street is up hill... let me tell you, I GOT A WORK OUT! And if you know me you know it was an unintentional, unwanted work out haha. When I got to the garage, instead of opening it up and taking everything in I just sat on the wall along our driveway and just looked at Jo like... hold on... I need a breather haha.

Then we went to the side of the house and dug out the recycling bins so we could clean them out because GASP! we haven't been recycling for the past few months. In Revere, MA... different streets and regions are assigned certain color recycling bins and certain colors get certain weeks where they collect the recycling. We were the green bins but then they changed it to the red bins and we never went to get any =( and now they just changed back to the green bins... don't as me why, so I went to get our old ones. It has been KILLING me to not recycle. So glad we're back in action!

After that I made Josephine a picnic lunch. We had our picnic for about 5 minutes before Nana came outside and asked us if we wanted to go out to lunch with her and Pepe. So, we ditched the picnic, packed up Jo's lunch, and brought it to this cute little local restaurant where I had a delicious grilled chicken salad and Jo continued her lunch and had a lot of fun being out with Nana and Pepe. Here are a few pictures of Jo at her 5 minute picnic with her Backyardigan bubbles...




When we got home we stayed outside and played with the Backyardigan bubbles. Then Lori and Ayden came around and Jo and Ayden took a wagon ride together! Ayden... was not having fun haha he was upset his Nana was going in the house so eventually it was just Jo. She was LOVING it! Jo's Nana said she wants to get Jo a wagon for her birthday. This wagon was really cool, it had seat belts and a lot of room. I think Jo would really like to take a walk in a wagon once and awhile instead of her stroller, she could see more and she could play with her toys more while she's going around. I wouldn't get one that didn't have a little seat belt though!







Here is a little funny story from today. I picked Jo up and said "Who needs their diaper changed?" and she said "Mama."

3 comments:

k's mama said...

That wagon looks awesome. I want to get one!!! Jo sounds so well behaved. Keira is being a whiny baby in the stroller lately!

MommyKW said...

Wagons are great! Fisher Price actually makes a double stroller that you can use like a wagon! I have always wanted it and it's like the only double stroller I don't have! Looks like you guys had a FULL day!

Anonymous said...

So cute! She looks like she loves going on wagon rides!