Monday, August 4, 2008

Mystic, Connecticut Day 1

The trip here couldn't have gone ANY better! It is a 2 hour drive but I was expecting it to be atleast 4 with Jo haha I thought we were going to have to stop... and then wait because it was time for her to eat or something. But we didn't have to stop once! We were lucky not to hit traffic and she took a half hour long nap (not very long, I know) in the middle of the drive and then woke up and was in a good mood. I think the nap really broke up the ride for her so it didn't feel like she was in the car for so long at once.

She's going to be up verrrrry late tonight. The other day she took a REALLY short 1st nap so I had to give her a 2nd one but it wasn't until 4 and she didn't go to sleep, or even get tired, until 9:20! Today, she was doing really good despite her short nap but once we left Mystic Village (pictures below) she fell asleep in the car RIGHT AWAY. It was 5:00!!! She slept for 40 minutes so I'm not going to even bother trying to put her asleep until atleast 9:15 or 9:30. Which I really don't mind because we don't have adjoining rooms or anything so I was worrying about what to do after she went to bed and worrying about waking her up... now we don't have to worry about it too much!

We sorta explored the area today. We went to Mystic Village which is this beautiful long path with 60+ cute, independently owned boutiques and shops. It was sooooo beautiful as you will see!

Blogger isn't letting my upload pictures! I'll try again tomorrow or later on tonight...

Tomorrow we're going to Mystic Aquarium, the reason why we came here!

3 comments:

Mehrazar said...

have a great trip and lots of fun

k's mama said...

Mystic is cool. I have been there. Hope Jo keeps behaving for you!

MommyKW said...

Sounds good so far! Can't wait to hear more!