Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mystic & Providence Day 4

Sorry for the lack of updates... we've been sooo busy since we've gotten back. Cleaning and watching the Olympics. I feel like it's just one thing after another around the house, feel like I can't get EVERYTHING in order at one time!

Anyway, on the 4th day of our vacation we went to the aquarium in the morning and then drove to Providence, RI to go to Roger Williams Park Zoo (my former place of work in my hometown) which is this amazing, amazing zoo! We got to meet up with my best friend Kim and her little baby Layla to go to the zoo, which was great! Then we drove our 2nd leg of the journey back to Boston but got caught in horrible traffic so we eventually got off on an exit and went to some random mall to walk around THEN finally made it home!










The elephant exhibit is being completely redone so they were in these buildings (they could walk in and out, the back of the building led to a grassy area but people can't see them then) which is too bad because that exhibit is the most impressive to see, I can't imagine what it's going to be like once their done doing whatever it is their doing.





Everyone who grew up in RI had their pictures taken sitting on this statue of a dog outside the zoo gift shop as a kid. EVERYONE! My grandmother did, my mother did, all of my siblings (Kim's grandmother and mother did) all of my childhood friends, some people in highschool I talked to about it did, seriously... a lot of Rhode Islanders! haha Anyway, I just had to take a picture with Jo with it.









These life sized Pooh and Tiger were in the Disney Store at this really cool mall we stopped at on the way home... Jo LOVED it. I had her sitting on the arm of the Pooh and she leaned over and kissed his nose, it was adorable haha

2 comments:

k's mama said...

Looks like alot of fun!!!! Jo's hair is adorable with the front pulled back! :o)

MommyKW said...

Looks like a great zoo. Your friends baby looks EXACTLY like her!