Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

We're home! We had a good weekend in RI. Josephine was an angel. He went out to Applebees after I got there on Saturday and just kinda hung out with my brother and his girlfriend afterward. On Sunday, we went out to breakfast then went to my little cousin's 6th birthday party. We had a lot of fun and Jo was really well behaved and slept AMAZINGLY. She usually wakes up a few times here and there to get her soothie but she slept from 7:45 pm to 6:30 am without waking up ONCE. I was like, why don't you do this at home? Not like her waking up for a second really bothers me but it was just strange haha.

So, big news! My bestfriend is in labor right now! She started having cramps around 4 am and when I talked to her at noon she said she was having really bad cramps and she didn't know if they were contractions or not, they were 15 minutes apart at this point and I told her they were probably contractions. Around 6 she went to the hospital and at like 7:40ish I talked to her sister and she's in FULL BLOWN labor. She's 5 cm dilated and apparantly... labor isn't agreeing with her and she's having a tough time but an epidural was on the way so hopefully that'll help her out some. I think I'm going to go back down Tuesday or Wednesday to visit!! I CAN'T WAIT! I can't wait to take a picture of Jo next to the little baby, her future best friend! (they don't have a choice haha). Anyway, it got me thinking, and please nobody hate me for this. But I find it very weird that I have a baby yet I have NO labor experience once so ever. I never felt a single contraction, I never had 1 painful cramp... nothing. I never got to go into labor naturally or be like "I THINK IT'S TIME!" or something like that. I kinda wish I had and then again I'm kinda glad I didn't. I just find it weird that I can't even imagien what it's like. But either way, it's weird... haha.

Here are some pictures taken during our weekend and some of when we got home tonight.

My cats! Frisky and Jewel. Frisky is 21 years old human years!!!




I know I look like a 12 year old boy in this picture because I had no makeup on but this is when I met Barack Obama... yep, I met Barack... that's right... (Note: This does not mean I endorse him.)

Jo, half asleep, having her first bottle Sunday morning. I just thought it was funny because she was acting like she was drunk, she kept falling asleep and dropping the bottle.



My sister and Jewel.


Josephine having fun playing the blanket peek-a-boo game!

She's getting ready!

2 comments:

k's mama said...

Jo is so big looking!!! I love all the rolls!!! So cute. Keira gets into that kneeling position all the time.

MommyKW said...

I'm glad she was so good for you on your trip. That can be stressful. I think we should get together and take our little girls bra shopping! Looks like they both could use it!