Monday, February 4, 2008

Transferring... again...

So I'm transferring, yes, you heard me right. Apparantly I only go to a new college every year haha this will be my third school. But it just makes sense. Right now I go to a really expensive private school and I get really great financial aid every semester to the point where I only pay a little under $1,000 out of pocket and then the rest is all grants and then $1,000 in loans every semester. I decided that I'd rather go to a cheaper (especially since I'm an in state resident) state college where I can have the same major and the same education but cheaper. This way, I'll be paying $1,200 out of pocket but NO loans. I was thinking about how many (there are A LOT) more semesters I have at the rate I'm going and it didn't make sense to me to be racking up a $1,000 in loans every semester when I have SOOOOO many semesters left, I don't even want to think of what kind of loan debt I'd be in after all is said and done. So if I transfer for the fall, I'll only have less than $5,000 in loans accumlated from my previous 2 schools I've attended, which is pretty great I think! Because if I kept going I'd have a hellavua lot more than that! So I'm glad I'm going to stop now...

Josephine is teething so bad. When are these teeth going to come in!!!??? She seems to get distracted from it whenever we go somewhere because she's always such an angel when we are out. We went to Kim's baby shower on the 2nd and it was so much fun! I am so excited for her to have her little baby (she's going to name her Layla!) and Josephine was SOOO good the whole time and she didn't even take a nap. We got there at 3:45 and didn't leave till 7:45 and usually she takes her 2nd nap somewhere in there. Kim definitely got everything she's going to need!! plus more! (on my behalf haha)

Here are some random pictures!


Seriously, why do I always look so awkward in pictures? It's the smile, I don't know how to smile in pictures and it always looks horrible haha.



I tried to get a good picture of her cute new hat but she wasn't cooperating. You can't see it but there are cute little ears on the hat! So adorable =)


2 comments:

MommyKW said...

I went to a private college also and left with a hefty amount in student loans. I am sure you are making a good move for you and your family! Good for you. Cute pictures. Jo always looks so cute! Hope her teeth pop through soon. Maybe she will get some relief!

Anonymous said...

Jenna has the same hat... but in pink!!!! Love the little ears! Good luck at the new school... ps.. Jennas teeth are not in yet either.. coming.. one day!