Thursday, February 28, 2008

Success!

My dinner came out great! I cooked for 10 people... but I seriously made enough for maybe 20 haha I apparantly have a problem saying to myself "okay... there are 10 people eating so this is how much food I should make" I don't think I have a good perception of how much to cook. But it all came out excellent, with just a few hitches here and there haha. But everyone said it was really good so I'm proud of myself, especially since I've never cooked any of the things I cooked tonight before so for being my first time I was surprised at how good things turned out. Tonight was all inspired by my friend, Tanya, a fellow June baby mama! haha yaaay

Here are a few pictures of Jo getting into some trouble today haha...






4 comments:

k's mama said...

haha! Just like Keira with the cords!!! Why do they love them so much? Glad your dinner turned out so good!!! Its hard to cook for a big crowd! Now you need to do that every night!!! Mike wouldn't know what to do if I didn't cook dinner... I have every single night since we have been married.. but i like to cook.(tanya)- I changed my name.. for security purposes.. so this is me know

Caroline said...

HA! Ok! haha the first thing I did when I was finished cleaning the kitchen afterwards was call up my friend and say "I don't know how people do this every day" haha but I can understand cooking something a little smaller for just 2 or 3 people ya know... I was probably just thinkinng that because I cooked a pretty big meal for 10 people. But still... whew... hats off to you Tanya! Also, in my defense, my husband isn't home every night for dinner because some times he worked from 1-10pm and also he eats like a freakin' bird and sometimes he doesn't even want to have something resembling a meal for dinner haha

Jennifer said...

I with Tanya, Chris would not know what to if I did not cook. It is a lot harder now that I have Brooke...coming home from work, picking her up and then cooking supper has been a challenge and I buy a lot of easy to prepare stuff at Sams club...but I have to or else we would eat sandwiches every night. I have trouble judgeing when I cook for more than me & Chris too.

MommyKW said...

Yeah for your dinner! Now you know what it's like to be me! Cooking for a crowd! I do have to say, Chris and I take turns. I cook on Mon., Tues., Thurs and once on the weekend. He cooks Wed. We either work together on Friday, Saturday and Sunday or he takes over. He and I both love to cook and now the kids do to. So, it actually becomes more fun the more you do it! Good luck on making more dinners! Plus, it helps when you go grocery shopping - haha!