Friday, February 22, 2008

Update From The Arctic

It started snowing early, early in the A.M. and won't stop until tomorrow at like 8 in the morning!!! So yeah...we'll be having a lot of snow! But good news, NO SCHOOL FOR ME TODAY!!! That means I haven't had school this WHOLE week because my class on Tuesday was cancelled and rescheduled for today! HA! I win!

I'm trying a new experiment with Jo. You see... she takes 2 naps a day (refuses to take any more even though she's exhausted) and they are VERY short and she never wakes up refreshed, she wakes up cranky, tired, rubbing her eyes, and yawning. I think that it has a lot to do with her crankyness throughout the day. It just seems like she's constantly tired and she won't take more than 2 naps a day and won't go to sleep any earlier than her bedtime at 7:45. SO my plan is to go in there after like 25 minutes of her sleeping and sit by her crib and read or whatever and wait for her to start stirring, then I want to pop her soothie in at that very moment and see if she'll go back to sleep for a little while. Because when I hear her start to stir, by the time I get to the bedroom (and I like RUN) she's awake, so I need to act faster! haha I'll let everyone know how my plan turns out...

3 comments:

MommyKW said...

We got the snow too. It is supposed to start up again this afternoon. And, just like you - another snow day! Good luck on the naps. I think sleep issues and potty training are two of the hardest parts of having a young child!

The Real EMO said...

we have the snow too.. ugghh- so sick of snow!! ohh and keira only takes 2 naps a day too.. mostly 30-40 min- once and a while i get lucky and she will sleep for 1 hour 1 1/2 hours!! but most of the time its 2 30 min naps...-tanya

Caroline said...

Yeah but you're lucky, does it seem like that's all she needs? Jo definitely needs A LITTLE more sleep with each nap or else she wouldn't be waking so exhausted still ya know? It's just frustrating because I know that it has a lot to do with her fussyness and it's something that seems like it'd be so easy to fix yet it's not. From when she woke up from her first nap to her second nap which was like 10 minutes ago she has been non-stop cranky, off and on crying and just nothing making her happy. For this nap I swaddled her and I'm gonna go sit in her room again haha